Monday, September 7, 2009

Week 2

This has been a nice three day weekend for the most part. No running on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Usually I would run on Sunday but I wasn't feeling so great on Sunday night so I put off starting week 2 until I had felt better...that being tonight. Week 2 Day 1 went better than I imagined it would, especially since I have a few things working against me. My shins are still a little sore, better than last week, but still sore. I'm tired and it's that time of the month. And I would normally give myself these few days off, but, in the spirit of determination to get a 5K ran on Thanksgiving, I ran anyway.

Tomorrow is my weigh-in day, I'm guessing a pound, maybe two down. I have been eating smarter. Notice, I didn't say better because better implies good food choices. It's not that I'm making bad food choices, but they most definitely could be better. What I am doing though is avoiding really large meals and sticking to smaller meals and snacks throughout the days. Today for instance: 1/2 chocolate chip muffin (bad for me) and some water for breakfast; snack: nectarine and diet pepsi; lunch: McDonalds snack wrap with no cheese and diet coke; snack: 1/2cup of chex mix and water; dinner: grilled cheese (with minimal butter) and carrotts and water. So, grilled cheese, choco chip muffin...not good for me, but i limit myself. I LOVE LOVE LOVE grilled cheese too... so I would have usually eaten two sandwhiches just because they taste so freaking good :)

This weekend started the madness which is water polo season. I wrote some about it last week, and am still contemplating some of my choices for next year. We had a good start to the season, beating Sonora in all 4 games so we'll see how things go.

Goals for the week:
- lose 1lb @ weigh-in Tuesday
- eat out only once (not including tournament)
- Tues: 30 day shred level 2
- Wed: W2D2
- Thurs: Cardio Max
- Fri: W2D3
- Sat: rest
- start Week 3 on Sunday :)

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment